Those who are planning to study in New Zealand for more than three months need to apply for a student visa (for less than three months, a visitor visa is fine). New Zealand student visa requirements include:
- Proof of an offer of a place at an approved institution
- Evidence of sufficient funds to cover living expenses and a flight back to your home country
- Health insurance
- For those under 18, a letter guaranteeing suitable accommodation has been arranged
- For those over 17, a police certificate of good character
- For courses over 12 months, medical certificates, which may include screening for tuberculosis Visa applications are made via the nearest branch of the New Zealand Immigration organization. The application fee varies depending on where you’re applying from.